TERMS & CONDITIONS
– Colours may vary from proofs, samples and computer screens.
– Digital proofs, colours and quality may vary from litho printing.
– Painting time may vary.
– All content is assumed to be approved by the client, including all colours, content, errors & omissions.
– Airvolution Studios/bodypaint.co.za will not be responsible for any mistakes made in proofing, the client is 100% responsible.
– If a mistake is noticed before painting begins and needs to be corrected then the client will be responsible for all costs in altering that artwork. For example: stencils have been made, but the job has not been run yet.
– Under no circumstances will Airvolution Studios or any employees be held responsible for any copyright disputes.
– Proofs are to be signed and dated before painting begins.
– Proofs can be done via digital printed proof, email or fax, however colours will vary from proof to print and colours can’t be proofed by fax or email.
– A deposit of up to 75% is required before any work commences. Balance is payable before we start at the event.
– Quotes are only valid for 14 days from the date on the quote.
– Airvolution Studios will charge you for design time, regardless of whether or not you go through with painting of the final product or not.
– Airvolution Studios is open on weekdays, from 10 am to 4 pm and in special circumstances on weekends – by appointment only.
– Retainers/Deposits are non-refundable.
– All content is assumed to be approved by the client in any media.
– Any rights that may be required for any of the content is not the responsibility of Airvolution Studios.
– Airvolution Studios is not responsible for any malfunctioning equipment, or any damages that may result in our equipment not working on any day of filming, photography, event or any other media.
– Airvolution Studios may require two (2) weeks notice prior to arranging a date for the event, filming or photography.
– Airvolution Studios provides no guarantees or warranties whatsoever.
– It is the responsibility of the client/associate to gain whatever permissions/rights may be necessary for all work done by Airvolution Studios prior to use that may require so. This includes any paintings, logos, footage, pictures and other content, provided by Airvolution Studios or by the client/associate. This is also the case if Airvolution Studios is featured for gain in the final product.
– Any content provided by the client or Airvolution Studios that is later discovered needs the proper rights to use will be the responsibility of the client and if changes have to be made will be charged accordingly.
– Airvolution Studios will not be held responsible for any licensing disputes regarding the photography, models and images available on our website, social media, etc…
We only use professional high quality water-based face paints and cosmetic glitters (e.g. Kryolan Aquacalour, Graftobian).
For murals we use Plascon Wall n All as it just lasts.
Graffiti paints are toxic and smelly. Please keep this in mind when we are booked for an event or graffiti mural in a public space.
– Clean sponges are used for each face/body.
– Body paints are removed easily with soap & water on a cloth .
– Paints may not be suitable for sensitive skin. (List of ingredients on demand.) Skin tests available to check this.
– We will not paint over skin conditions or cuts.
– We follow strict health & hygiene guidelines, and all sponges and brushes are cleaned after every event.
- Who we will paint:
– Airvolution Studios will not paint on wounds, infections, dirty or sensitive skin.
– We will not paint children under 2 years of age or any person unable to tell us they WANT to be painted.
– Babies under 2 years of age and young children are not suitable subjects, and we may refuse to paint them.
– We will not paint anyone however young, against their own wishes.
– We reserve the right to refuse to paint any person or part of a person we feel is unsuitable, or with what we consider to be offensive symbols or subjects.
– We will not use photos of painted children without parental permission. Photos will only be used for publicity purposes, and copies can be emailed free.
– If more models/guests want to be painted than we were booked for, we may not manage all in the time quoted. If we can we will stay longer, if you wish to pay the extra cost.
– We are not there to control or entertain the entire event, although we don’t mind an audience.
– Clients are responsible for their models at all times. Airvolution Studios will under no circumstances be responsible for any models or models behaviour at event, even if Airvolution Studios supplies the models for the event.
– We use only top quality, professional water-based products, but they may irritate sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, or allergies, please tell us before we paint you. We may be able to paint on less sensitive areas. We are not liable for any allergic reactions to paint – they are approved cosmetics but NOT hypo-allergenic.
– A clean sponge is used for each face, and all are machine washed between bookings. Brushes / airbrushes are cleaned with professional soap between bookings.
– Please arrange a space for us with good light, sheltered from sun, wind and rain. Do not touch, or allow anyone to touch, our equipment. We will not be liable for any damage or injuries in any way whatsoever.
- Removing Paint:
– Remove painted faces / models bodies with a flannel cloth and soap, not baby wipes (which can irritate skin and may not take off the paint properly) or cleansing lotion.
– Paint will not survive baths, or overnight (unless on your pillows!). Most paints wash off clothes. We exercise reasonable caution, but are not responsible for damaged clothes or property.
- Payment & Cancellations:
– Please pay 75% upfront by internet transfer (to Airvolution Studios) or COD (cash) at the event, as arranged in advance. Due to some clients cancelling on the day, or not paying at all, we do require a 75% non-refundable deposit – payable when confirming booking details.
– All work is done COD unless otherwise stated.
– Interest of prime plus 2% will be charged on all COD work not paid for within 7 days.
– All work remains the property of Airvolution Studios until paid for in full, this also means that invoices that contain multiple items must be paid in full before any item is the property of the client.
– Work in progress will be billed for every 2 weeks according to the amount that has been completed, this is COD and COD terms apply.
– 1 month up to 2 weeks before event : 30% of total booking
– 2 weeks to 7 days before event : 50% of total booking
– 7 days to 1 day before event : 75% of total booking
– no show or cancellation on day of event : 100% of total booking
To book a place at Airvolution Studios workshops , please complete and return a booking form together with the appropriate fee for your chosen workshop.
Please note that places at Airvolution Studios workshops are allocated on a first come first serve basis, on receipt of fee payment and booking form.
All booking forms must be authorised by a parent or guardian if the participant is under 18 years of age.
In the event of a workshop being fully booked when we receive your booking form Airvolution Studios will endeavour to allocate an alternative space in a workshop suitable to the participants age. If this is not possible we will return or refund any fees paid.
Airvolution Studios reserves the right to cancel any workshop.
Occasionally, Airvolution Studios may need to change the venue for workshops. In this instance we will let participants and parents/guardians know in advance.
Airvolution Studios reserve the right to change advertised workshop staff and content, and the running of all workshops is subject to adequate participant numbers.
PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED STARTING TIME.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND THE WORKSHOP, PLEASE SEE OUR CANCELLATION POLICIES. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE WORKSHOP IN TIME, OR DO NOT ACHIEVE ALL THE TECHNIQUES YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO ATTEND THE SAME WORKSHOP AGAIN AT YOUR OWN COST.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE BUT WILL BE CREDITED AGAINST THE COURSE FEE. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR ENROLMENT LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START DATE, NO MONIES WILL BE REFUNDED.
AIRVOLUTION AIRBRUSH ACADEMY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE THE WORKSHOPS AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE TO YOU THE CUSTOMER.
DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR WORKSHOPS TO BE MADE WITH REGISTRATION.
IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND THE WORKSHOP WITHOUT PRIOR CANCELLATION
THE DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED.
WORKSHOP TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1.IN THE EVENT OF A STUDENT FAILING TO ATTEND THE CONFIRMED COURSE OR COMPLETE THE COURSE FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT THE COURSE IS CANCELLED BY THE SCHOOL, (FOR EXAMPLE: PERSONAL PROBLEMS, ILLNESS, CHANGE OF MIND, RELOCATION, PREGNANCY, ILLNESS OR DEATH IN THE FAMILY, CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES, NOT BEING ABLE TO COMPLETE THE COURSE IN ALLOTED TIME.) NO REFUNDS OF FEES OR DEPOSITS WILL BE MADE AND NO ENTITLEMENT TO A LATER-DATE COURSE WILL BE GAINED.
2. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against the course fee. If you cancel your enrolment less than 30 days prior to the start date, no monies will be refunded.
3. The balance of the full course fee should be paid to the Administrator (Airvolution) no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator (Airvolution), who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE WORKSHOP IN TIME, OR DO NOT ACHIEVE ALL THE TECHNIQUES YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO ATTEND THE SAME WORKSHOP AGAIN AT YOUR OWN COST.